Low melting point glass powder is an advanced sealing material introduced by ANYWHERE POWDER researchers, which can carry out melting and sealing at lower temperatures, currently is the powder material of the lowest melting temperature. This powder material has good heat resistance and stability, has high mechanical strength, can be used in the mutual sealing between glass, ceramics, metals and semiconductors to form a unity. At present, it is widely used in high temperature flame retardant Silicone rubber, flame retardant rubber, flame retardant plastic, flame retardant wire and cable skin and other flame retardant materials.
Why low melting point glass powder can stop flame.
When the glass powder with low melting point is melted by heat, it has high viscosity and will form vitrification or ceramics.
In the production of flame retardant materials (flame-retardant silicone rubber, flame-retardant rubber, flame-retardant plastics and flame-retardant wire and cable foreskin), temperature-matched low melting point glass powder is pre-added. After it is melted by heat, the following effects are produced. Take the production of wire and cable skin as an example.
- Some low melting point glass powder is melted and sealed with other materials to form an insulating glass protective layer.
- The outer layer of low melting point glass powder is melted to form inorganic glass oxygen insulation layer, which protects the inner layer resin from oxidation at high temperature.
- Some low melting point glass powder reacts with free radicals of organic resin to form refractory substances.
- Some low melting point glass powder will form inorganic glass heat conduction layer after cooling, which can transfer heat quickly.
- Some low melting point glass powder reacts with free radicals of organic resin to form refractory substances, and has characteristics of matching related materials, adjustable color, antioxidant, anti-reduction, weather resistant, acid and alkali resistant and so on.
ANYWHERE POWDER low melting point glass powder is added in the production of the flame-retardant material, and the following effects can be generated.
- Can be used as the main raw material (carrier material) and functional material (high temperature resistance function) of high temperature resistant flame retardant materials.
- As a framework, the thickness of the paint film can be increased, the abrasion resistance and the weather resistance of the coating can be improved.
- Can improve the tensile strength of flame-retardant materials, especially suitable for ultra-thin and high heat conductive flame retardant products.
- Suitable for using in various harsh environments due to acid and alkali resistance, high temperature resistance and weather resistance.
- High purity silicon dioxide powder, alumina and other auxiliary materials can also be added to adjust the flame retardancy, thermal conductivity and scratch resistance of the product.
Adding low melting point glass powder to silicone rubber material will greatly increase the bending strength. When the amount of addition reaches about 40%, the material bending strength reaches the top. Therefore, when low melting point glass powder is added to the silicone rubber material, the mechanical properties of silicone rubber will gradually decrease, and the ceramic layer will be formed at a certain temperature to achieve the flame retardant effect.
Attention: Because of the high hardness of the product, it is suggested that the combination process of slow stirring, high temperature dispersion and rapid extrusion should be used.